Thursday, May 24, 2007

Its Thursday, I'm in a cubicle, I'm full of useless knowledge, and I'm trying to quit biting my nails.

Am I alive or am I Dead?

Some verses floating through my head at the moment. Maybe they can float through yours. If nothing else, at least that entry about the dog moves down the page. Yep...

At my job I work in a cubicle and barely speak
to anyone all day. The human wolves don't even see me.
They fear me not.

~ James Tate, The Promotion

You hear a whistling overhead
Are you alive or are you dead?
It's only Thursday
You feel a shaking on the ground
A billion candles burn around
Is it your birthday?
Tomorrow never comes until it's too late
~ DJ Shadow, Six Days

Now I wish I could write you a melody so plain
That could hold you dear lady from going insane
That could ease you and cool you and cease the pain
Of your useless and pointless knowledge

~ Bob Dylan, Tombstone Blues

this isn’t our song
this isn’t even a musical
I think life is too long
to be the whale in a cubicle
nails under your cuticle

~ Andrew Bird, Plasticities

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see you moving. You're alive.

Anonymous said...

smart went crazy. truth went trendy.