Monday, April 21, 2008

Three Words

I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of the train
I kiss you all starry eyed, my body swinging side to side
I don't see what anyone can see in anyone else but you

~ The Moldy Peaches

Three words float
in my cupped hands

A dandelion's clock
grasped slowly from the late summer breeze

The setting sun's rays through
the gaps between light fingers
turning white feathers into warm gold

Peaking between thumbs
every other moment
with the excitement of child

With those three words

To write you a song
and sing to the world

To open my hands, my arms wide
and blow the golden seeds to the world

I am not a musician
I know two chords

I am not a song writer
I sing only three words

So, talentless, in my hands
these priceless seeds
light as air and warmed by the sun
and watered by my skin
will grow

No comments: